Great Resources for Great Schools
Most state tests show 90% of kids are NOT performing on grade level. Learning to Read
90% of all Public School Parents are Wrong they think their kids read and do math on grade level but they don't!
But if they asked if their child was reading on grade level they would get told the truth which is very different.
Most people believe when they ask the K12 teacher if their child is doing well in the classroom the answer they get is yes. Parents believe this no matter their own income, education level, race or ethnicity.
- Half of the white students are on grade level in math and reading by fourth grade; the percentages are lower for African-Americans and Hispanics.
- Kids are passed on from grade to grade, and graduate high school on time so that's why parents think their kids are fine.
- The high school graduation rate is over 80%, and fewer than 2% of students are held back a grade, so perhaps parents can't be blamed for thinking their own kids are at least on par with their peers.
Resources Determine a Great School.
- HOW TO BUILD THE BEST K12 SCHOOL WEB SITE - make sure your website has all the things it needs.
- DEPT OF ED NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON SCHOOLS
- YOUR COUNTY REPORT CARD
- YOUR K12 SCHOOL REPORT CARD
- BEST HIGH SCHOOLS
- ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHOOLS
- 2012 SCHOOL DISTRICTS / REGIONS DEPENDENT ON FEDERAL FUNDS
- HOMESCHOOLING REGULATIONS BY STATE
- K12 VIRTUAL SCHOOL GUIDE
- COMPARE CHARTER SCHOOL POLICY BY STATE
- K12 ADMINISTRATORS ASSOCIATION
- K12 TECHNOLOGY COORDINATORS
- ERATE FRAUD - "Financial Literacy" demanded that K12 SCHOOLS get the best price for the ERATE
GET HELP COMPARE K12 DISTRICTS INTERNET COSTS!
- K12 SCHOOL BOARD ASSOCIATIONS
- K12 SUMMER LEARNING PROGRAMS
- CLASS RANK SUCKS
- SCHOOL DISTRICT NEWSLETTER
- K12 STATE CORE STANDARDS
- K12 DoDDs
- YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SEX OFFENDERS
- EDUCATOR SEXUAL MISCONDUCT PDF
A Synthesis of Existing Literature Prepared for the U.S. Department of Education Office of the Under Secretary Policy and Program Studies Service By Charol Shakeshaft
NCES National Center for Education Statistics
Administrative Data Division: Elementary and Secondary Branch, NCES
MARK GLANDER Research Scientist 202-245-7427
Potomac Center Plaza
550 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202, USA