Promote the Human in the Humanities
The K12PlayGround ™ is the first and oldest on line K-12 School Website Directory in the world which started from Gleason Sackmann's K12 internet pioneer text file ©1993.
- We are the curated, trusted, authentic resource determined to help you find authentic community across the nation.
Since 1996 we have allowed the public to submit their K12 School website and edit their contact information.
Founded on the belief that it is the intersections that bring the reason for authentic community to exist, the K12PlayGround.com site connects educators and community leaders with a passion to collaborate across disciplines for the common good and the common wealth of the nation.
We wish to support and engage K12 students with projects that keep the human in the humanities.
About the K12PlayGround.com™
This is the first and oldest continually curated school website directory of school website information on the net.
The original K12 "Hot List" has been migrated to and relaunched using Drupal and still continues to allow citizens enter and edit their school website information from your School / Organization page.
We now invite you to link and promote project videos using #hashtag taxonomy.
WE HAVE A VISION ~ CEO Karen Ellis
PLAY IS CHILDREN'S WORK
Children under 2 years old need to play, and use their hands to ensure normal brain development, they should not look at computer screens. Children from 3 - 5 years old are makers let them play with their hands, socialize, be makers and use their hands to build, garden etc. Insist they have the time and tools that insure brain development. They need to have the right start or they can't acquire the skills needed for #STEAM learning down the road.
The K12PlayGround.com™ website is a place where forward thinking, purpose driven educators will start the journey to revolutionize the way we think about education.
We provide a culturally responsive and place-based educational platform which provides an assessment model that promotes project based learning, strengthening a set of interdependent learning outcomes for use throughout the K-12 public education system in every state.
K12 Student Video #STEAM Projects that evidences skills / Proof of Work using the Art of Story Telling, writing narrative, computer hardware and software, Music, Graphic Design, Media Literacy, Vocational, and other "soft" skills needed for graduating from High School.
#hashtags find student videos that evidence their #STEAM skills and show proof of work!
We Connect projects that are happening in the same school or in different school students in the same state, or across the country.
Teach me something || WTF
- Children's play is their work, hands that build - improves brain wiring.
- Toys for Makers, and workshops that teach girls to code.
- Learning to code and how the U.S. Constitution works
- Contemporary and urgent National Security public civic projects.
- Policymakers, stakeholders and leaders across the arts in the education field.
- Public facing #STEAM #STEM projects happening around the U.S.
- Independent, Public Folklorists including State and local agencies.
- Inclusive folklore democratizing and diversifying vernacular culture.
- #STEAM projects that fight fascism.
- Social Justice, Social Equity, Tolerance and understanding in context where culture takes place.
- Community leaders and Scholars who are always our teachers and the neighborhood's greatest resource.
- Financial Literacy Rolling Jubilee a bailout of the people by the people.
- Meaningful Privacy Rights that rein in A.I. algorithms used to shape "21st century society" surveillance capitalism.
STOP SUPPORTING SOCIAL PLATFORMS THAT ARE VEHICLES FOR RACISM!
Propaganda gets spread through print, radio, TV, magazines, and digital social platforms that confuses the public. The purpose of propaganda is to make citizens of a nation feel insecure, and not trust their institutions.
Propaganda is not a bug but a feature of an open social platform. They make money selling access to your data, they know how much money they make from advertising to you and they will change your behavior.
Resist Social Platform Monopolies with unprecedented global scale
Without any amount of antitrust oversight, they make money from stoking racial prejudice and dividing society, all while current law can not protect users from having unforeseen problems, ranging from cyber-bullying to death.
Resist Surveillance Capitalism Unethical behavioral advertising “growth hacking". Picture of undersea cables connect the internet.
THE CIRCLE OF TRUST
Since 1994 and the commercialization of the internet the following is still true
You have to trust the person you know (the person behind the site) because you can’t trust that blue link when anyone can be a "dog" on the net.
- The Crisis of Election Security
- Washington's cybersecurity think tank "Critical Infrastructure Technology" has connections to senior government and intelligence officials, and that has a history of using shady social media practices on Twitter. Fake accounts manipulate conversations on the platform.
- Washington Scathing Report On Handling Of Student Loans Education Dept failed to protect borrowers from companies that manage federal student loans.
- Digital Diploma Mills: The Automation of Higher Education
- Surveillance Capitalism Unethical behavioral advertising “growth hacking". Get Off Facebook
- This face isn't real. https://thispersondoesnotexist.com A new A.I. generated photo on every refresh.
- MIT scientists created an AI-powered 'psychopath' named Norman.
- The Era of Fake Videos Begin ~ Atlantic
- Plagiarism Detection in Term Papers, and Essays and Research
We Know that ....
- Sharing what you know has mutual benefits.
A distributed and interdisciplinary education model will endure beyond a single lifetime.
- P2P learning reinforces learning and builds community.
We transform student engagement from a metric to a purpose driven culture.
Follow @K12PlayGround.com ™ for links to Student Project videos
We encourage you to find your K12 school website, or submit a new K12 school. You can update the data if necessary. Link to your video, Tell Your Story, and Be the Change you want the world to see and Build the school you want it to be!
West Indian Proverbs
"IF YO' PUT YO' EAR A MANGO ROOT YO' WILL HEAR CRAB COUGH."
~ If you have patience and listen that close, you are bound to learn things.
"LITTLE AX CUT DOWN BIG TREE"
~ A woman may be small but accomplish big things.
"DE LONGES' PRAYER GOT AMEN."
~ How true and wonderful: All things, both good and evil, come to an end.